Our librarians are available by telephone during regular business hours.
I have a question about the law or my legal research.
- Help you file or respond to a lawsuit.
- Determine what legal forms you need.
- Take or investigate complaints against a landlord, HOA, business, or other organization.
Before you call, we may have already answered your question! Our searchable Legal FAQs address many common questions.
We also constantly update our legal guides. Some popular topics include:
- COVID-19 and Texas Law
- Gun Laws
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- Marriage in Texas
- Legal Forms
- Small Claims Cases
- HOAs or Property Owners' Associations
- … and many more!
I have a legal issue and need help figuring out what I should do.
Librarians can help find legal information, but we cannot tell you what to do in a particular situation.
The information we provide may help you make your own decision. If you're still stuck, you may need to speak with an attorney or seek legal aid.
- Explain what you should do or give legal advice.
- Provide an opinion about what the law means in your situation.
- Help you fill out a legal form or explain what steps you should take in a legal case.
- Point you to resources that may answer your legal question.
- Help you find information in legal resources.
- Refer you to free legal aid — e.g., legal hotlines, legal clinics, or a legal aid group.
- Refer you to a lawyer referral service for a low-cost consultation.